Monday, May 13, 2013

Arrival in Cancun


So today we begin our two week long adventure. We are taking a group of 10 Health Science majors, who are in various stages of completing their undergraduate education, on a two week service abroad experience to Cancun, Mexico. We are working along side our Sister University, La Salle University Cancun. We arrived in Cancun early this afternoon. I have never been here before and I was immediately taken by all the sights, sounds and humid warmth. We have only been on this adventure for a few hours, but I can already tell that we have brought along an excellent group of students. They are so kind, attentive and respectful of each other. It warms my heart to see how well they all get along. It is quite an eclectic group. We spent the evening walking around and enjoying the local scenery followed by a refreshing swim in the pool before dinner.

I am so grateful that I have two of the most excellent colleagues working along side me to develop and implement this novel and incredible experience. The weeks to follow will be the culmination of many hours of hard work and dedication to this project by individuals both in Wichita and here at La Salle. I am confident that in the end we will all be changed by this experience.

We will spend the next two days orienting ourselves to the city before we begin our real work.

No comments:

Post a Comment